In order to provide a safe and enjoyable environement for all patrons and guests of the Greensboro Coliseum Complex, and given the trends in public assembly gatherings and overall event management, the following admission policy will be utilized for Complex events.
Coliseum event staff will advise all patrons and guests seeking entry to the particular event that all parcels, packages, large pocket books, tote bags, containers, bundles, knapsacks, back-packs, umbrellas, coolers, bags, cartons, paper sacks, duffel bags, briefcases, portfolio cases, binocular cases, camera equipment cases, and any other type of extraneous device(s) which could be used for carrying or concealing items will not be allowed to be brought into the Coliseum. Patrons with prohibited items will be allowed to return such items to their vehicle but will not be able to leave such items outside the facility doors. Any such items left outside will be immediately discarded by the facility.
The only exceptions for entry will be small purses, and then it must, in fact, be a purse and not some other substitute device serving the function of a purse. Baby travel bags will also be an exception provided a baby accompanies them. No other substitute purse devices may be brought into the Coliseum unless approved by Coliseum Management.
All guests and items are subject to a consent inspection upon entering the facility. This consent inspection may involve metal detectors. All small purses and baby bags will be subject to consent inspection, without exception.
Greensboro Coliseum Complex Prohibited Items
The following items are prohibited from being brought into the Greensboro Coliseum Complex:
- Alcoholic or other Beverages
- Artificial Noise Makers
- Audio or Video Recording equipment
- Cameras (camera policies vary on an event by event basis)
- Bags (larger than 10”x 8”x 8”)
- Beach Balls
- Canes, Chains or Sticks of any length (non-medical use canes)
- Cans, Glass or Metal containers
- Coolers (unless containing medical supplies)
- Diaper Bags (unless accompanied by a baby)
- Fireworks or any Explosive
- Folding Chairs
- Food and Beverage
- Helium Balloons
- Illegal Drugs
- Knives of any size
- Laser Pointers
- Pets (except service animals for patrons with disabilities)
- Promotional items with commercial identification
- Tape Recorders
- Large golf or non-telescopic umbrellas
- Weapons of any description, including firearms (weapons carried with a permit are also prohibited)
- Signs, banners, flags or any other items that would either obstruct the view of a patron or serve as a dangerous projectile or security risk.
- Other items that in the judgment of Coliseum management pose a safety risk or diminish the enjoyment of an event by other patrons.
White Oak Amphitheatre Policies
- Beach/Lawn Chair Policy: beach/lawn chairs that meet the following specifications are permitted — chair backs not to exceed 32” in height measured from the ground and chair back. Seat bottoms not to exceed 9” measured from the ground and chair front
- Blankets are permitted
- Binoculars are permitted
- Ponchos & rain jackets are permitted
- Lawn chairs are available for rental for general admission (lawn) ticketholders for $5 per chair (subject to availability). Rental chairs may be rented upon entering the venue just inside entry gates. Rental chairs should be left on the lawn for pick-up by Coliseum Complex staff after the show concludes.
- Small, non-professional cameras (no long, zoom or detachable lenses) are permitted
- Telescopic umbrellas no longer than 12" when compacted are permitted
- Shirt and shoes are required for admission
- All events are held rain or shine
- Despite being an outdoor venue, White Oak Amphitheatre is a smoke-free environment in the seating areas, walkways, concourses and landscaping. There is a designated smoking area on the Hanner Street concourse that is marked for smoking.
- All guests and items are subject to a consent inspection upon entering the facility. This consent inspection may involve metal detectors.
- Sliding down the grass hill is not permitted