White Oak Amphitheatre
The Greensboro Coliseum Complex's White Oak Amphitheatre debuted on June 5, 2011 with a concert by The Beach Boys (photo below).
White Oak Amphitheatre is located on the southern end of the Greensboro Coliseum Complex campus on the former Canada Dry bottling plant property that was purchased by the City of Greensboro in 2008.
Click here to view a diagram of the entire Greensboro Coliseum Complex
White Oak Amphitheatre hosts a diverse selection of community events, music, arts and crafts and festival type events. The venue also supports entertainment at the annual Central Carolina Fair.
White Oak Amphitheatre features a seating capacity of 7,061, including more than 2,000 reserved seats (please note seats are not covered) and general admission lawn seating for more than 5,000 patrons.
The name White Oak was selected in honor of the tree being the City of Greensboro’s official tree and that the lush landscaping that will surround the venue’s seating area will include a selection of white oaks.
The traditional amphitheatre season is a six-month schedule of events running from May through October.
Concession carts and other amenities are provided on site to support guests’ needs and patron parking is available in the adjacent lots that also service the Coliseum Complex.
WHITE OAK AMPHITHEATRE POLICIES:
- Blankets are permitted
- Binoculars are permitted
- Traditional stadium seat cushions with bottoms and backs are permitted. Stadium seat cushions with legs are NOT permitted.
- Ponchos & rain jackets are permitted
- Lawn chairs are available for rental for general admission (lawn) ticketholders for $5 per chair (subject to availability). Rental chairs may be rented upon entering the venue just inside entry gates. Rental chairs should be left on the lawn for pick-up by Coliseum Complex staff after the show concludes.
- Small, non-professional cameras (no long, zoom or detachable lenses) are permitted
- Telescopic umbrellas no longer than 12" when compacted are permitted
- Shirt and shoes are required for admission
- All events are held rain or shine
- Despite being an outdoor venue, White Oak Amphitheatre is a smoke-free environment in the seating areas, walkways, concourses and landscaping. There is a designated smoking area on the Hanner Street concourse that is marked for smoking.
- All guests and items are subject to a consent inspection upon entering the facility. This consent inspection may involve metal detectors.
- Sliding down the grass hill is not permitted
WHITE OAK AMPHITHEATRE -PROHIBITED ITEMS:
Coliseum event staff will advise all patrons and guests seeking entry to the particular event that all parcels, packages, large pocket books, tote bags, containers, bundles, knapsacks, back-packs, umbrellas, coolers, bags, cartons, paper sacks, duffel bags, briefcases, portfolio cases, binocular cases, camera equipment cases, and any other type of extraneous device(s) which could be used for carrying or concealing items will not be allowed to be brought into White Oak Amphitheatre. Patrons with prohibited items will be allowed to return such items to their vehicle but will not be able to leave such items outside the facility doors. Any such items left outside will be immediately discarded by the facility.
The only exceptions for entry will be small purses, and then it must, in fact, be a purse and not some other substitute device serving the function of a woman’s purse. Baby travel bags will also be an exception provided a baby accompanies them. No other substitute purse devices may be brought into White Oak Amphitheatre unless approved by Coliseum Management.
All small purses and baby bags will be subject to consent inspection, without exception.
The following items are prohibited from being brought into White Oak Amphitheatre:
- Alcoholic or other Beverages
- Artificial Noise Makers
- Audio or Video Recording equipment
- Cameras (camera policies vary on an event by event basis)
- Bags (larger than 10”x 8”x 8”)
- Beach Balls
- Canes, Chains or Sticks of any length (non-medical use canes)
- Cans, Glass or Metal containers
- Coolers (unless containing medical supplies)
- Diaper Bags (unless accompanied by a baby)
- Fireworks or any Explosive
- Lawn chairs (chairs are available for rental), portable seats or stadium cushions with legs
- Food and Beverage
- Helium Balloons
- Illegal Drugs
- Knives of any size
- Laser Pointers
- Pets (except service animals for the disabled)
- Promotional items with commercial identification
- Tape Recorders
- Umbrellas (unless compacted to 12” or under)
- Weapons of any description (weapons carried with a permit are also prohibited)
- Signs, banners, flags or any other items that would either obstruct the view of a patron or serve as a dangerous projectile or security risk.
- Other items that in the judgment of Coliseum management pose a safety risk or diminish the enjoyment of an event by other patrons.