War Memorial Coliseum Complex Commission
Appointed by Greensboro City Council, members of the War Memorial Commission serve as the volunteer advisory board for the Greensboro Coliseum Complex.
The War Memorial Commission's Mission Statement is as follows:
Coliseum War Memorial Commissioners take their roles seriously and will:
- Attend and participate in regularly scheduled Commission meetings
- Provide fiduciary guidance, helping the City to ensure that the Coliseum Complex remains financially sound
- Advise Coliseum Complex Management on special projects and major policies
- Attend as many Coliseum Complex functions as possible
- Volunteer for events held at the Coliseum Complex venues and encouraging others to do the same
- Promote the Coliseum’s positive impact on our community to individuals, groups and civic clubs
It is an honor and a privilege to be trusted with this appointment and we pledge to help the Coliseum Complex continue the valuable contribution it makes to the City of Greensboro and its citizens.
In 2012, led by the efforts of former Commission chairman Ted Oliver, the City of Greensboro and the War Memorial Commission requested Clemson University's Regional Dynamics & Economic Modeling Laboratory at the Strom Thurmond Institute estimate the economic and fiscal impact the Greensboro Coliseum Complex has on the city of Greensboro and Guilford County.
The results of this study can be downloaded here.
2018 War Memorial Commission Members
Decarlos Kinds (Chairperson)
Anne Hurd (Vice Chairperson)
Richard Beard (Greensboro Sports Foundation Liasion)
Michelle Kennedy (Greensboro City Council Liasion)
Dr. Harrison Turner (Lifetime Honorary Member)
Florence Gatten (Lifetime Honorary Member)